“Just For The Health Of It” Community Discussions with Island Nursing Home About Closure Announcement
Episode 29: Talking With Island Nursing Home About Closure Announcement-Conversation 3
September 15, 2021
In this episode Matthew Trombley, Senior Executive Director of Island Nursing Home and I tackle some tough questions, including:
1. Does he feel that the nursing home tried to communicate their staffing issues to the community before announcing the closure?
2. Does he think workforce housing can help?
3. Were staff required to sign gag orders?
4. How many residents have already been placed in other facilities?
5. Were State suggestions of alternatives to closing offered and considered?
6. Have staff from other countries been considered?
7. What are Matthew’s plans for the future?
Keep your amazing questions coming! I will be having conversations with either Matthew or Ronda Dodge, Chair of the INH Board of Directors on a weekly basis through the month of October.
Would you like to stay up to date on what’s happening at the Island Medical Center? We’d love to add you to our email list.