“Just For The Health Of It” Community Discussions with Island Nursing Home About Closure Announcement
Episode 35: Talking With Island Nursing Home About Closure Announcement-Conversation 8
October 20, 2021
Ronda Dodge, Chairperson of the Island Nursing Home Board, and I continue our discussion about the recent news that the nursing home will be closing. In this episode we talk about:
1. The Adopt a Resident Program is up and going. To sign up to adopt a resident, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 348-6529 (leave a message).
2. An Island Nursing Home initiative to provide support to residents who have been moved to new facilities.
3. A calendar of beautiful island pictures for former nursing home residents assembled through the generosity of this community.
4. How the nursing home helped two young islanders who were recently released from the hospital following a car accident.
5. Thoughts on how the Island Nursing Home Board and local newspaper might be able to mend their relationship going forward.
Keep those questions coming! Questions can be sent to my email address email@example.com and we will try to cover them in the next podcast.
Would you like to stay up to date on what’s happening at the Island Medical Center? We’d love to add you to our email list.