“Just For The Health Of It” Community Discussions with Island Nursing Home About Closure Announcement
Episode 36: Talking With Genevieve McDonald, Island Nursing Home Task Force Member-Conversation 9
October 27, 2021
In this week’s episode, Genevieve McDonald and I talk all things Island Nursing Home Task Force. She answers my questions, including:
1. What made you want to serve on the Island Nursing Home Task Force?
2. What has the task force done so far?
3. What has been the most surprising part of this process for you?
4. What do you see as the main barriers to re-opening the facility and how are these being addressed?
5. Do you think that your role as a lawmaker can help to address some of the larger, statewide (and even national issues) that are contributing to long term care facilities closing?
6. Do you think the rift that currently exists between the local newspaper and the INH Board can be mended? If so, do you have any ideas how this can be accomplished?
7. How can the community offer feedback or contribute to the work of the task force?
8. When does the task force expect to complete their work?
9. What happens then?
To register for the 11/15/2021 community event that will start at 5:45 pm on Zoom, please email Anne West at email@example.com. This email can also be used to submit listener questions for future podcast episodes and to let us know of available housing resources on the island.
Would you like to stay up to date on what’s happening at the Island Medical Center? We’d love to add you to our email list.