“Just For The Health Of It” Community Discussions with Esther Adams and Marti Brill
Episode 43: Talking with Esther Adams and Marti Brill of the Mariners Soar! Afterschool Program at Deer Isle Elementary School
December 22, 2021
In this podcast episode I talk with Esther Adams (pictured above) and Marti Brill of the Mariners Soar! Afterschool Program at Deer Isle Elementary School. These two ladies pour their hearts and souls into caring for our island children. Among other things, Marti and Esther answer the following questions:
1. What is the After School Program? Who does it serve and why was it created?
2. How does the After School Program improve the overall physical and/or mental health of this community?
3. What does a typical day look like?
4. How do students access after school programming?
5. How has the pandemic impacted their work?
6. What has surprised them most about this program?
7. What is bringing them joy right now?
Would you like to stay up to date on what’s happening at the Island Medical Center? We’d love to add you to our email list.