“Just For The Health Of It” Community Discussions with Raegan Heanssler
Episode 64: Talking with Raegan Heanssler, Registered Dietitian for the VA Maine Healthcare System
September 16, 2022
This episode features a conversation that I had with Raegan Heanssler. Raegan grew up here on the island and now works as a Registered Dietitian for the VA Maine Healthcare System. During our discussion, we talk about:
1. What is a Registered Dietitian (RD) and how does it differ from a nutritionist or nutrition coach?
2. What made Raegan interested in becoming an RD?
3. Where did she go to school and for how long?
4. What advice does she have for someone going into the RD field?
5. What part of her job does she enjoy the most?
6. What does a typical day look like for her?
7. Why is a Registered Dietician an integral part of a health care team?
8. What has surprised Raegan about her work?
9. What is bringing her joy right now?
Would you like to stay up to date on what’s happening at the Island Medical Center? We’d love to add you to our email list.