“Just For The Health Of It” Community Discussions with Jo Cooper
Episode 74: Talking with Jo Cooper
February 17, 2023
Our newest podcast features a conversation that I had with Jo Cooper. Jo retired last year after 20 years as the Founding Executive Director of Friends in Action. Currently Jo is a Consultant and Project Manager of a Maine Health Access Foundation grant project titled “Transportation Equity for Healthy Aging”. During our discussion, Jo answers the following questions:
1. Why are volunteer transportation programs important to the health of Maine communities?
2. What is the “Transportation Equity for Healthy Aging” project?
3. How did this project get started?
4. What is your job as a Consultant and Project Manager?
5. What is the goal of this project?
6. What challenges have you encountered while doing this work?
7. What has surprised you about this project?
8. How can people support your work?
9. What is bringing you joy right now?
Would you like to stay up to date on what’s happening at the Island Medical Center? We’d love to add you to our email list.