“Just For The Health Of It” Community Discussions with Rose Honders
Episode 75: Talking with Rose Honders, Community Services Director for Eastern Area Agency on Aging
March 3, 2023
The following is a conversation that I had with Rose Honders. Rose is the Community Services Director for Eastern Area Agency on Aging (EAAA). This is Rose’s second time on the podcast, as she was a guest in her previous role as Director of At Home Downeast. During our discussion, Rose answers the following questions:
1. In your own words, tell me who you are, where you work and what you do.
2. What does Eastern Area Agency on Aging do and what kinds of services does it provide?
3. Who does EAAA serve?
4. What is a program or service that is offered through EAAA that you wish more people knew about?
5. If you could snap your fingers and solve one issue facing the population you serve, what would it be and why?
6. How do people reach you?
7. How can we support EAAA’s work in this area?
8. What is bringing you joy right now? (Hint: It is her amazing dog, Abraham!)
To reach EAAA:
Phone numbers: 207-941-2865 or 800-432-7812
Physical address: 240 State Street, Brewer, ME 04412
Would you like to stay up to date on what’s happening at the Island Medical Center? We’d love to add you to our email list.