“Just For The Health Of It” Community Discussions with Melissa Jones Bayley
Episode 76: Talking with Melissa Jones Bayley, Founder of Island Angels
March 17, 2023
The following is a conversation that I had with Melissa Jones Bayley. Melissa grew up here on Deer Isle-Stonington and is a licensed massage therapist. In addition, she founded an organization called “Island Angels”. During our discussion, Melissa answers the following questions:
1. What is Island Angels and how did it get started?
2. Although many of my listeners probably knew your mom, please tell me more about her.
3. Island Angels just received approval to be an official non-profit organization. What does this mean for future projects and goals?
4. What services/support does Island Angels offer to those who are dealing with a cancer diagnosis?
5. Why is massage important for those who are dealing with cancer?
6. What challenges have you encountered while creating this organization?
7. What has surprised you about this project?
8. How can people support your work?
9. Let’s talk about massage in general. Why is massage important for overall physical health?
10. What services do you offer here on the island?
11. What does a typical massage appointment look like?
12. How do people reach you for massage or for Island Angels work?
13. If you could send one message to a person experiencing a cancer diagnosis or a family member helping to care for him or her, what would it be?
14. What is bringing you joy right now?
Links to Contact Island Angels:
Would you like to stay up to date on what’s happening at the Island Medical Center? We’d love to add you to our email list.