“Just For The Health Of It” Community Discussions with René Colson
Episode 79: Talking With René Colson, Executive Director at Healthy Island Project
April 28, 2023
The following is a conversation that I had with Rene Colson of Healthy Island Project (HIP). Today we are focusing on a program that HIP is offering through the Foundation of Art & Healing called “Successful Aging Creativity Circle”. During our discussion we talk about:
1. What is the Successful Aging Creativity Circle?
2. Why are offerings like this necessary for a healthy community?
3. What is the goal of this program?
4. What has been Rene’s favorite part of this program so far?
5. If Rene could snap her fingers and solve one issue facing the aging population on Deer Isle-Stonington, what would it be?
6. How do people reach HIP to sign up?
7. What other community resources does HIP provide that my listeners should know about?
8. What is bringing Rene joy right now?
The following are topics used in the Successful Aging Creativity Circle:
- What does healthy mean?
- Coping with Covid-19-Coping with uncertainty and traumatic times
- Making and keeping friends
- Brain health
- Self care
- Finding meaning through legacy
Dr. Nobel’s book “Project Unlonely”:
To contact Rene:
HIP Phone: 207-367-6332
HIP email: healthyislandproject@
Would you like to stay up to date on what’s happening at the Island Medical Center? We’d love to add you to our email list.