“Just For The Health Of It” Community Discussions with Jessica Perez
Episode 80: Talking With Jessica Perez, Digital Equity Manager at Maine Connectivity Authority
May 12, 2023
This episode features work being done by the Maine Connectivity Authority on digital equity. Thanks to Healthy Island Project, we have had the privilege of having Hallie Lartius (past podcast guest) in our community for the past two years doing the work that Jessica is talking about.
The following is a conversation that I had with Jessica Perez. Jessica is a Digital Equity Manager for the Maine Connectivity Authority. During our conversation we discuss:
1. What are the goals of the Maine Connectivity Authority?
2. Why is internet connectivity necessary for a healthy community?
3. What is digital equity?
4. Why is ensuring digital equity vital for Maine?
5. What do you wish more people knew about the Maine Connectivity Authority or digital equity?
6. How can our community help to accomplish the goals of the Maine Connectivity Authority?
7. How do people reach you with questions or for more information?
8. What is bringing you joy right now?
P.S. Jessica had no idea that Perez is a well known last name here on the island. She plans to visit soon and I have promised to take her picture by the Perez Crossroad sign.
Website for Maine Connectivity Authority:
Would you like to stay up to date on what’s happening at the Island Medical Center? We’d love to add you to our email list.